THE BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY
108 Main St.
Ridgway, Pa. 15853
Called and Advertised as Needed
RIDGWAY BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
The Borough of Ridgway advises residents that BUILDING PERMITS are required for any ADDITION, ACCESSORY STRUCTURES, FENCES, ROOFING, PORCHES, and MAJOR INTERIOR renovations.
Building Permits are also required for COMMERCIAL and INDUSTRIAL construction or major renovations.
Building Permit Applications are available at the Borough Office 108 Main St.
ATTENTION BOROUGH RESIDENTS:
BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY thru FRIDAY 8:00am-4:00pm
Ridgway Borough Council Welcomes Citizen's Comments and or Concerns. While Most Concerns Can Be Handled Through Daily Operation, Citizens May Find The Need To Address Council In Person. If Such A Need Should Arise,The Following Criteria Will Be Met:
1. Any citizen whising to address Council must call the Borough Office 24 hours in advance of the meeting to be placed on the agenda.
2. Only taxpayers and residents of the Borough will be recognized during the visitor participation time of the meeting. Citizens are only permitted to speak during this time of the meeting unless addressed by Council.
3. If you are not on the agenda, you must sign in and write in your reason for addressing Council. A sign-up sheet will be located in the Council room and will be reviewed five minutes prior to the meeting. ou will be allowed to speak only at Council's discretion.
4. You must state your concern within a three minute allotted time period.
5. You will stand, state your name and address and state your concern to the President of Council.
6. You must act in an orderly manner and refrain from any profanity or personal attacks to Council.
7. Council will take all comments under advisement and is not required to answer on-the-spot.
8. A group of citizens with the same concern will appoint a spokesperson and will be allotted a five minute time limit.
9. The visitor participation portion of the meeting is limited to a total of 30 minutes.
RIDGWAY BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS
3rd Monday of Every Month at 7:00pm
at Second Ward Hose Company
317 W. Main Street, Ridgway
Ridgway Borough compost facility will open on Sat., March 28, 2020. Regular
hours will be Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
residents are advised the compost facility will only be open during the above
Everyone Counts! You Count!
From New Born to Oldest Living Person
Be Certain to Register for the 2020 US Census.
For Every Registered Person We Get:
ü $20,000 in Federal Funds
ü More Representation in Washington
ü More Representation in Harrisburg
Don’t Miss Out. Don’t be a No-Account.
Every resident qualifies to register.
Register by April 1, 2020!
On Line at: www.2020census.gov
By Phone: 844-330-2020
By Mail: Forms
come in the mail by March 20, 2020
Personal information published is limited to: Gender, Age,
Location and Ethnicity.
Release of any other information is punishable by a $250,000
fine and 4 Years in Jail.
Public Service Announcement
As part of Ridgway Borough’s
continued commitment to supply safe drinking water to all our customers the
Ridgway Water Department will be flushing the transmission and distribution
mains from Mon., May 18th through Mon., June 1st from 7
Consumers are cautioned that
the water quality will be temporarily disturbed during this period. In higher
elevations periods of low pressure and/or temporary water loss may occur.
Borough will conduct the annual Spring Cleanup Mon., June 1stthrough Fri., June 5th from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
be a container at the Ridgway Borough Annex off of State Street where borough residents
may haul and dispose of items at no charge during this week only.
will not accept any tires, electronics, or contractors/construction debris.
are reminded there will be no curb collection. All items must be hauled to the